At Skeba Digital we’ve run a variety of paid acquisition marketing strategies. Some of the most widely used strategies by customers include:
- Pay-per-click (PPC) ads – Small text based ads you often see on search engines like Google.
- Display ads – ads that run on websites outside of the search engines.
- Affiliate marketing – Paying a percentage of the sale for each purchase made.
- Referrals – Giving customers a bonus for referring
- Promoted social media – Paying to get your message promoted and seen within social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, etc..
1. Search Engine Advertising Acquisition Strategies
“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.”Peter Drucker
The great thing about search engine advertising is the fact that there are so many tools at our disposal. These tools help us understand that we can get an accurate of costs and once the campaign is run, we can even tweak the page that is being advertised (also known as the landing page). That means the more a campaign runs the better sense we have in how its performing.
We’ve done plenty of work in running and optimizing advertising campaigns.
Strategies We Run
Contextual Advertising within Search Engines: Let’s say we determine that lots of people are looking for athletic sweatshirts. We determine that is driving traffic so we could run an “athletic” contextual segment to target with display advertising.
Our Paid Advertising Work On Search Engines
Example: Let’s take an example of previous work we’ve done. A client needed a full analysis of their law keywords. We’ll go through a short overview of the steps we took before running our campaign.
Step 1: Determine the goals of the campaign. What objective are we trying to reach? How much are we willing to spend?
Step 2: Analyze the audience. This includes looking at what devices your audience users, demographics, economic status, and even interests. In this case we determined that we were looking for lower income residents in a certain part of Detroit.
Step 3: Our third step was to consider the competitive landscape. What were other lawyers bidding on and for what amounts? We did a full analysis on the competitor’s keywords. We determined from these keywords where we could rank and created a cost analysis of what it would take to rank for those keywords.
2. Social Media Advertising Strategies
Social media is a great place to acquire new customers. Not only can it be a very low-cost approach but you have access to very specific user data and the ability to target is almost unmatched. Using this data we can optimize our performance to create even more optimized and high performing ads.
Running a campaign is easy. We can do it in 4 easy steps:
- Step 1: Identify your audience and the characteristics within it.
- Step 2: Determine which social networks are best suited.
- Step 3: Listen to what your audience is actually saying.
- Step 4: Take advantage of existing data for message personalization.